Happy Light Systems
In Light Wellness Systems™ provides a dynamic and user-friendly light therapy system intended for clinical, professional and home user applications.
LED light therapy involves the use of light emitting diodes (LED) delivering red, blue and infrared light to the skin. These three (3) wavelengths stimulate beneficial innate cellular responses increasing circulation and activating the release of nitric oxide.
Discover The Revitalizing Power Of Light
In Light Wellness Systems™ can be used both professionally in a clinic and by people at home as part of their continuing therapy. Common pad designs between clinical and home units allow clients to receive the same benefits at home as in the clinic. In Light Wellness Systems™ is easy to use with simple controls and automatic and manual override settings. It also has flexible pads with unlimited positioning and Velcro style straps.
All In Light Wellness Systems™ devices are FDA cleared. The FDA classification code is 890.5500, clearance K101894.
The In Light Wellness Systems™ manufacturing facility is an FDA registered facility and subject to regulation and inspection requirements.
Warranty and Repairs
Acts Like Morphine Without Addiction or Side Effects:
The molecular mechanism of action of peripheral morphine analgesia: stimulation of the cGMP system
via nitric oxide release, Ferreira SH, Duarte ID, Lorenzetti BB; Eur J Pharmacol 1991 Aug 16;201:121-2.
Acute Spinal Cord Injury:
Alzheimier’s [Dr. Pericone, et al]:
Blue Light Can Help Reset Sleep Cycle:
Bright Light Therapy Improves Sleep Disturbances in Soldiers With Combat PTSD:
Clark, Sir Arthur, Beyond Gravity, National Geographic Jan. 7, 2001, p2-29.
Reports that Dr. Harry T. Whelan of the University of Wisconsin Medical School has successfully
treated wounds, third degree burns, and brain cancer with LEDs.
Degenerative Osteo-arthritis of the Knee Treated By Narrow-Band Light Therapy :
Depression & BiPolar:
[Dr.] Karu’s Cellular Effects of Light:
[Dr.] Karu’s PhotoBiomodulation Research:
[N.B.: a good Photobiomodulation 'quick' reference]
[fairly technical paper]
Dr. Thomas Burke, Nitric Oxide & It’s Role in Health & Diabetes:
[N.B.: an excellent overview of Nitric Oxide roles in the body]
Experimental Infrared Helmet Could Reverse Symptoms of Alzheimer’s / Dimensia
Healing of Bone:
Increased Dermal Angiogenesis [edit: roughly, an increase in the number of blood vessels]:
Light at the End of the Tunnel:
Light Helps All Biology (Many Research Articles):
Light Implications on Cancer:
[edit: intriguing overview of, among other things, reducing likelihood of cell apostasies]
Light Therapy for Mood Disorders (many studies):
Marshall Space Flight Centre press release 00-336 (12-18-00).
“NASA Space Technology Shines Light on Healing”
LEDs being used to heal wounds, ulcers, burns, sores, and musculoskeletal training injuries.
[edit: more of a layman's overview regarding the above]
Nobel Price Winners & Nitric Oxide [Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine 1998]:
One of Russia’s Leading Scientists, [Dr.] Tiina Karu:
Pain/action of peripheral morphine analgesia [cited]:
Parkinson’s Disease, herpes labialis, plantar verrucae (warts), Acne, Venuous Leg Ulcers [research list]:
Restorative Effects of Pulsed Infrared Light on Sensation/Neuropathy (Type 1 and 2 Diabetes):
Light as Therapy for Sleep Disorders and Depression common in Older Adults:
Sports Medicine: Using Nitric Oxide to Treat Tendonopathy:
Stressed Cells Survive Better With Light:
Symptomatic Reversal of Peripheral Neuropathy in Diabetic Patients:
Tennis Elbow and Golfer’s Elbow (Medial and Lateral Epicondylitis):
Thomasson, TL, Effects of Skin-Contact Monochromatic Infrared Irradiation on Tendonitis, Capsulitis, and
Myofascial Pain, J Neurological Orthopedic Medical Surgery (1996) 16:242-245.
Treatment of Infection and Bone Loss in (Dental) Cavitations
[using, in part, a modified form of infrared light or low level laser light therapy]:
Various Infared Light RESEARCH [on Dementia, Infections and Sports]:
Vasodilation and angiogenesis:
[Low-Intensity Laser Irradiation Improves Skin Circulation in Patients With Diabetic Microangiopathy]
Your Body Literally Glows With Light:
Why you should be interested
- Light therapy has been established as a useful tool to: Increase vascularity (circulation) by increasing the formation of new capillaries, which are additional blood vessels that replace damaged ones. New capillaries speed up the healing process by carrying more oxygen as well as more nutrients needed for healing and they can also carry more waste products away.
- Stimulate the production of collagen: Collagen is the most common protein found in the body. Collagen is the essential protein used to repair damaged tissue and to replace old tissue. It is the substance that holds cells together and has a high degree of elasticity. By increasing collagen production less scar tissue is formed at the damaged site.
- Stimulate the release of adenosine triphosphate (ATP): ATP is the major carrier of energy to all cells. Increases in ATP allow cells to accept nutrients faster and get rid of waste products faster by increasing the energy level in the cell. All food turns into ATP before the cells utilize it. ATP provides the chemical energy that drives the chemical reaction of the cell.
- Increase lymphatic system activity: Oedema, which is the swelling or natural splinting process of the body, has two basic components. The first is a liquid part, which can be evacuated by the blood system, and the second is comprised of the proteins that have to be evacuated by the lymphatic system. Research has shown that the lymph vessel diameter and the flow of the lymph system can be doubled with the use of light therapy. The venous diameter and the arterial diameters can also be increased. This means that both parts of oedema (liquid and protein) can be evacuated at a much faster rate to relieve swelling.
- Reduce the excitability of nervous tissue: The photons of light energy enter the body as negative ions. This calls upon the body to send positive ions, like calcium among others, to go to the area being treated. These ions assist in firing the nerves thereby relieving pain.
- Stimulate fibroblastic activity that aids in the repair process: Fibroblasts are present in connective tissue and are capable of forming collagen fibres.
- Increase phagocytosis: The process of scavenging for an ingesting dead or degenerated cells by phagocyte cells for the purpose of clean up. This is an important part of the infection fighting process. Destruction of the infection and clean up must occur before the healing process can take place.
- Induce a thermal like effect in the tissue: The light raises the temperature of the cells through a photochemical reaction.
- Stimulate tissue granulation and connective tissue projections: Part of the healing process of wounds, ulcers or inflamed tissues.
- Stimulate acetylcholine release: Acetylcholine causes cardiac inhibition, vasodilation, gastrointestinal peristalsis and other parasympathetic effects.
Light Therapy Can Relieve:
- Acute neck and back pain
- Ankle problems
- Arthritis pain and restricted movement
- Bone spurs
- Reduction of scar tissue
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Tight muscles
- Pain relief
- And Much More.
Statements contained herein have not been evaluated by the FDA. In Light Wellness Systems™ devices are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
FDA product listing
Warranty: One year, unit replacement policy
Repairs: 1 week turnaround
What Client’s Say
My granddaughter Casey is three. She is a strong-minded little girl and you can’t talk her into or out of anything she’s not of a mind to cooperate with. When she skins her knee and comes in bleeding full of ground in gravel, and screaming blue murder. I hand her a pain pad to hold over the spot for three minutes. She decides this is fine because she’s holding the pad, and so she’s in charge. She lets me know she’s done in two minutes, and then I can clean her knee, no problem.
Now it’s the same scenario but a different body part…an infected ear piercing. Dripping pus, so swollen I cant see the front or the back of the earring. Again I hand her the pain buster. Swelling, redness and pain is completely gone in 3 minutes, crying ceases. I can see the earring front and back and she smiles at me as I remove the earring and clean her ear. Screaming to smiling in minutes? WOW! . Powerful tool for a parents tool box.
As I cleaned the barn on a rainy Saturday morning, I saw a woman walk in with 2 children. I introduced myself and she just stared at me. I waited for her to speak so I could find out why she was there. After a long pause, she said, “I’m sorry. I think I must be in shock. We’ve just driven 16 hours to pick up my horse that has finished its training here. My husband just called. Our house has burned to the ground. We’ve lost everything.” We stood looking at each other for a few minutes. I tried to wrap my head around what she said, but I was at a loss. I wanted to help her, and thought of my lights. I knew that I loved what they did for me, but could they possibly help her deal with such a profound loss? Her children were silently staring at me as well, waiting for a cue from someone as to what to do.
I took mom by the hand and said, come with me. We walked up to the house and I set her up with my best friend, the “B” setting. Within a few minutes she started to smile, breathe deeply and repeated, “ Oh, thank you, thank you”’ over and over again. Her children began to relax and smile as well. At the end of the 20 minute session, she said she felt great, and off she went to take her kids to the Vancouver Zoo as promised I waited all day for them to return and had dinner ready, thinking mom would be too stressed to deal with that. Not so! They returned talking happily about their great day. I offered another light session, but she said, No thanks, I’m still feeling terrific! They left early the next morning. I called her 4 days later because I was so concerned for their family. She said they were fine, and living in their workshop. Even an old rotator cuff injury didn’t hurt any more. I could hardly believe that I,and this little light of mine, could help someone with such a devastating life event.
Baily and the Fire
When I first tried the lights, it was twenty minutes on B at a trade show. I recognized that I had never felt that good, that right, in my whole life. I knew that this was what I had always been looking for, how I was supposed to feel. So I named my new company Happy Lights, because I simply feel happy. This happiness comes from within. It’s not affected or dependant on what’s going on around me. I don’t have the words to fully describe it all.
And…I SLEEP! (Now that’s a very big deal)
And…I have no more pain in my joints, first time in 40 years. These lights are worth a million bucks. They can give quality of life. And life is short to live in pain.